Ladies National Golf Association
Senior Women’s Four-Ball Championship
CasaBlanca Golf Club, Mesquite, Nevada
April 30 – May 2, 2019
(Practice Round: April 29)
ELIGIBILITY: Entries are open to female amateur golfers who have reached their 50th birthday on or before April 30, 2019 and have a maximum handicap of 30. Both partners, including foreign contestants, must meet all eligibility requirements. Entries are subject to rejection at any time.
CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT: Format will be 54-hole four-ball stroke play (Rule 23) in which two partners compete, with each player playing her own ball. A side’s score for a hole is the lower score of the two partners on that hole. Each day will consist of an 18-hole round. All teams will qualify for flights based on their 36-hole total score. The committee will determine the number of teams per flight after qualifying rounds.
ENTRY AND FEES:
ENTRY FEE – $495 per player/$990 per team
- Includes: Golf and shared cart for one practice round and three days of competition
- Practice range with range balls
- Complimentary club storage at the course
- Welcome Reception
- Awards Luncheon
ENTRY PERIOD – Begins Saturday, January 5, 2019, at 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
ENTRY METHOD – Entries will be accepted online only on the LNGA website @ www.ladiesnationalgolf.org.
• Email addresses are required and an email will be sent acknowledging the receipt of all entry applications. Entries must be submitted as a team with all information provided for both players.
• 56 teams will be accepted based on a timestamp of entry. When acceptance of teams is finalized, each team will be invoiced. PayPal is our official credit card processor. The players may choose to pay individually or as a team and must indicate preference on the entry form.
Substitutions: A player may substitute a partner at any time prior to April 29, 2019, provided the substituted player meets all eligibility requirements. Notify Committee prior to Registration if possible.NOTIFICATION: Teams are accepted by the time stamp of entry and will be listed on the website pending payment. Accepted teams will receive a notification when entry is submitted. Within 72 hours, an invoice will be sent with directions for payment. If payment is not received from a Team within 7 days of invoicing, the Team will be moved to the bottom of the wait list. Teams not accepted will be placed on a wait list established in the order of entry receipt. Cancellations will be filled from the wait list.
Refunds: A canceling team may receive a refund of fees if cancellation made prior to April 15, 2019. After this date, refunds will only be made for injury or illness that has been certified by a doctor’s written report and which has been approved for refund by the Board. All refunds are subject to a $25 service fee per player.
For questions, please contact LNGA by firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-211-6351.
PRACTICE ROUNDS: The official practice round is scheduled for Monday, April 29, 2019. There may be some tee times available for players wishing to play a practice round on Sunday. Practice rounds may be obtained by calling (702.346.6764) for a tee time immediately upon notification of acceptance. Additional practice rounds, for competitors only, will be available for $70. Practice round scorecards will be available online or in the golf shop prior to the Championship.
CADDIES: Caddies are not allowed during this championship.
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
- The low gross team after 54 holes will be presented THE WILMA CUP perpetual trophy to remain in their possession for one year. The CUP is actually two beautiful antique silver vases donated in honor of Wilma Gilliland in recognition of her many years of dedicated support and commitment to Ladies National Golf Association.
- The low gross team after 36 holes of qualifying will receive THE LUCILLE ROBINSON MANN perpetual award donated by the LNGA 1941 champion, Lucille Mann. This lovely sterling silver tray was presented to Mrs. Mann by the LNGA in honor of her victory.
- First, second and third low gross teams in each flight will receive a prize.
PUBLICITY, PROMOTION AND BROADCASTING: The LNGA may arrange for the promotion of this Championship which includes in the LNGA Annual and website. Upon acceptance into this Championship, the player consents to the use by the LNGA of her name, likeness, and voice in references to her and her play connected with her appearance in this Championship.
REGISTRATION: All players must register in person on Monday, April 29 between 8 AM and 2 PM PDT. If unable to register in person you must notify the Four-Ball Director of arrival time and intention to play by text message at (970) 590-3833. A team’s place may be forfeited if a response is not received by the deadline.
Non-contestant fees will be collected at Registration for any players guest(s) who wish to attend the social functions. (Reception Fee – $50; Awards Luncheon Fee – $30)
To download this information, click here.
TRANSPORTATION: All major airlines and rental cars are available at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. Mesquite is approximately 1.5 hours north of Las Vegas. St. George, UT also has a Regional Airport (SGU) serviced by American, Delta and United. Mesquite is approximately 45 minutes south of St. George. There are rental cars and shuttle services that run between St. George and Mesquite.
CasaBlanca Resort – Casino – Golf – Spa
950 West Mesquite Blvd.
Mesquite, NV 89027
Reservations: (877) 438-2929
Special Block Room Rates:
- $84 Fri-Sat / $54 Sun-Mon if made before March 27, 2019. Specify you are with the LNGA and use the
- Group Code 1WTN19.
The Hotel is licensed to serve food, beverages and alcohol. The LNGA and its attendees are prohibited from bringing food, beverage or alcohol onto the premises. All food and beverage must be supplied by the banquet department.